Re: [MV] CMP web site updated

Rod Diery (rod@rocketship.com)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 21:42:52 +0800

>>The CMP web site is one year old this week. Take a moment to leave your
>MB,
>>GPW, M151, M35, DUKW and have a look at the site. 350000 CMPs were
>built so
>>they aren't exactly insignificant.
>>
>I would disagree with Rod here, in 1941 Canada made 189,178 CMP's; in
>'42 a further 199,542 plus 12,987 AFV's.

Hi Richard, What is your refernce for those figures? I got my information
from Bart Vanderveen's Historic Military Vehicles Directory Page 40 which
states
"4x2, 4x4, 6x4 and 6x6 Canadian Military Pattern: 390,273 (including 209,004
3 ton 4x4)

Those figure do not include Canadian wheeled armoured vehicles which were
mostly based on CMP truck components. A bit of arithmetic on the figures on
the same page comes up with 16241 of them too.

Cheers

Rod Diery
rod@rocketship.com
Kulin, Western Australia