Re: [MV] CMP web site updated

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 20:21:55 -0400

> >Hi Richard, What is your refernce for those figures? I got my
> information from >Bart Vanderveen's Historic Military Vehicles Directory
> Page 40
> >which states "4x2, 4x4, 6x4 and 6x6 Canadian Military Pattern: 390,273
> >(including 209,004 3 ton 4x4)
> >
> >Those figure do not include Canadian wheeled armoured vehicles which
> >weremostly based on CMP truck components. A bit of arithmetic on the
> >figures on the same page comes up with 16241 of them too.
> >

> The reference source was Vanderveen's Fighting Vehicles Directory
> (W.W.II), Page 212 which gives a very good, concise overview of the CMP
> scenario; I will mail you separately.

Rod & Richard,

Thanks kindly for your references to these most excellent vehicles... :-)

William Gregg's first book, "Europe WW2", gives the following counts (the
source being Canadian archives):

Canadian Military Pattern: 409,936
Modified Conventional: 306,357
Armoured: 50,241
Miscellaneous: 91,436

Grand total of military vehicle produstion in Canada during WW2 (up to 1
Sept 1945): 857,970

I can break this down into vehicle types if you wish; email me off the list
(eg, 12,967 Heavy Utility, 1761 Otter, 9494 Rear Engine [India only], 3961
C15TA - you get the idea)

Canucks and others interested, check out my Ortona page!

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball Maple Leaf Up! => Zephyr, Ontario, Canada

http://www.netwave.ca/~whiskey/ortona/