Re: [MV] Reply to Thomas Durkin's listing

Bob & Jeff Gallagher (hooterdog@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:46:24 -1000

> I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your
> right to say it. Will your rich man do the same thing for me?

Enough of this crap already. To single out someone only because they are
"rich" is moronic. What the hell is wrong with you to crap on someone who,
for whatever reason, has made it big in the American system. You want to
single someone out for purely monetary reasons (and you shouldn't), single
out the poor (literally) loser you won't get off his dead ass to amount to
anything. Why do we continue to penalize successful Americans through
higher tax rates and slanderous statements like that above. You'd think
being "rich" was a crime.

While I am certainly not rich by Littlefiled standards, I have accumulated
several hundred thousand dollars as an active duty enlisted man in the
United States Navy. Cheap living, long deployments, and a strong American
economy add up over 17 years. While I obviously have not defended your
rights to the death, or I wouldn't be writing this (duh), I have devoted a
good part of my life to being at the "pointy end of the spear".

Best lay off the rich (or those like me who are working to get there), as
many of us have worked our asses off to make it in the American system and
don't appreciate being lumped into a group and questioned about our ability
to defend your right to say whatever stupid shit you want to say.

Bob