Re: [MV] Fw: I want to sell good preserved Soviet Army jeep GAZ-67 of 1940's

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 06:18:31 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob & Jeff Gallagher <hooterdog@worldnet.att.net>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 01 October 1998 05:09
Subject: Re: [MV] Fw: I want to sell good preserved Soviet Army jeep
GAZ-67 of 1940's

>> >Short characteristics of GAZ-67:
>> > Made 1940
>> > Wheels Four drive
>
>Neat rig, but didn't the GAZ-67 come later than 1940? Mid-war maybe?
>Whose the expert?

Well, not me but here's some data I trawled up.

GAZ-67 and 67B were patterned on the US jeep which was supplied in large
numbers, some 20,000 through '42 and '43, plus some amphibious GPA's
later copied as the GAZ-46.

The major difference of the B version was wider wheel track, 1445mm as
opposed to 1250mm of the early version.

Both the 67 and 67B had the old Ford Model A engine and a dash mount
fuel tank, the prototype was made in 1942, designated GAZ-64 and the
production versions were made from 1943 until 1953 until replaced by the
GAZ-69A.

Richard
(Southampton UK)