[MV] Scud transport vehicle MAZ 543

Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:38:30 +0200

Gil Huguley schrieb:
> Yeah! Mil-Veh list. Cut to the interesting part. What kind of VEHICLE i=
> that transporter! Will it be impounded too?

The SCUD B missile is transported an launched by a 8x8 truck, based=20
on the MAZ 543 truck. The vehicle is 12.36 metres long, 3.02 metres
wide and 3.33 metres high. The combat weight is 37.4 metric tons.
Top speed is 60 km/h (37 mph).

The missile itself is 11.1 metres long, 0.88 metres in diametre
and has a starting weight of 5.86 metric tons. Range is 50 - 300 km
(31 - 188 miles).

If you are interested I can forward some scanned pictures of the
truck (with missile) to you by e-mail.

Regards
Andreas