Re: [MV] scud missle

Joe Baker (edc@tiac.net)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 23:29:27 -0400

> I fear we are lacking in our government and our every day lives is
> common sense. Think about it.

what we are really lacking in our government is people who choose to
participate. I work for a small town as their planner. I have changed
rules that were absurd and unreasonable many times in the past 10
years.
The biggest problem I have is getting reasonable people to participate
in the functioning of the town's government. We have positions that
would allow people to make positive changes and make "common sense" a
reality in government, but those positions go vacant or worse get filled
with the crazy fringe players with screwed up ideas. Those people get
into positions of power because of our lack of participation.

Remember, as Lincoln said once on battlefield a little over a hundred
and thirty years ago that we are the "government of the people". We can
only be that government of the people if we the people choose to step
forward that answer the obligations of citizenship which includes
participation...

Just my opinion...

Joe Baker
Major, Infantry, USAR