Re: [MV] Re: m715 dieselling

Jim Rice (jimrice@iamerica.net)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 22:49:52 -0500

I've had some old timers tell and show me how to use Automatic
Transmission Fluid to break carbon down in the combustion chamber. You
remove the air cleaner tube/elbow and slowly pour it into the carburetor
while the engine is running, but slow enough NOT TO stall it. Do this
for a few seconds and stop. Allow idle to return to normal and repeat.
Do this a three or four times. Seems to help.

Oh, by the way. Don't do this inside the shop. It creates a
bluish-white smoke cloud of mammoth proportions.

Jim Rice