Re: [MV] Welding gas cylinder colours

Brian Wedekind (wizard1@erie.net)
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 11:44:12 -0400

There are several color codes in use in the United States. The color
codes for cylinders vary between gas companies, as do the cylinder size
designations. I use Linde for my welding gases, so I have a green
oxygen cylinder and a black acetylene cylinder. If you get gases from
Airco, the oxygen cylinder is orange and the acetylene cylinder is
black. I can't remember the name of the other gas supplier in town, but
from them, both oxygen and acetylene are red.