Re: [MV] Re: a newbie question

Just fishin' from my (gamma_goat@plazma.net)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:07:03 -0700

At 10:33 PM 10/12/98 -0700, Steve Newman wrote:
>>not sure what it is you think you've learned, but you might want to keep in
>>mind that some parts are really hard to find, and you might be really
>>unhappy if the guy that has the only existing one of what you need had your
>>attitude about it.
>
>I think I see what your saying... that *did* sound pretty bad.

that's what i thought :) ... didn't want to start a fight.. but i've seen
this sorta thing before and usually it doesn't bode well for anyone..

>Wasn't my intention, nor am I trying to blackball this guy. Several of
the people
>that wrote back to my original post warned that it sounded to them like
>this guy is trying to hide something, since he wouldn't let me test-drive
>it or take it to a mechanic for an evaluation. On reflection, I agree;
>that is the information I was talking about spreading around, that and the
>price tag for some of the missing parts ($80 a tire!).

ah, ok, I didn't catch the beginning of the thread... my rule of thumb is
anything that runs is worth 500 to someone... does it?

as for "won't let you test drive it" it might be simply an issue of he
thinks it's more valueable than it is, (or it isn't) if he won't,
minimally, take you for a ride in it then he's most definitley eithier
hidin something, or it's a token sell it gesture forced upon him by his
wife :) (gee, we wouldn't know anything about that huh guys? :) how much is
he askin'?

>The whole things academic anyway; he's not going to accept my offer, so
>it'll sit there until he finds a bigger pigeon, or he scraps it or restores
>it himself. He mentioned his idea for "restoring" it; a small-block Chevy,
>twice pipes, lifters in the back, and a flame paint-job...

<shudder>
-dd
\\\\\//
+-=oOOo-(_)-oOOo=oo0-(_)-0oo=oOO==(_)==OOo=oo0-(_)-0oo=oOOo-(_)-oOOo=-+
Plazma Networking Services / Level Seven inc.
Connecting the World....
http://www.plazma.net http://www.L7.net http://www.L7.org
Olympia's "one stop" InterNetworking Provider 1 (360) 357 - 7315