[MV] Snow Tractors (formerlry Exodus jeeps....contd)

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:22:20 -0500 (CDT)

>I have found several Thiokol 601 Snow Cats here and there in the mountains
>west of Denver. Does anyone know if these were ever used by the military?

Yes. In recent (but the latest) Janes books they show Thiokol tractors
having been delivered to the army. The pictures looked to be the basic
Hydromaster ski groomer with a shelter box on the back. Also Bombardier
tractors were listed as having been delivered to the Canadian military as
well as Kassbohrer's beeing used by Germany (as I recall). These tractors
facinate me. If anyone has any other info, I would love to here/see it. Thanks

je