[MV] JEEPcasting-can we have a ruling?

Mick O'Farrell (mick@trinity-design.ie)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:20:33 +0100

A recent mailing from Jim Rice in reply to Shon G Elliot said (about MB/GPW
engines):

>If it says
>Jeep anywhere on it, it has at a minimum a postwar head.

This has come up before and Todd Paisley has said on at least one occasion:

"Late war MB cylinder heads did have "JEEP" stamped into them
contrary to what other people think. If it has reinforcements running
between the hole for the cylinder head studs, then it is a post war head."

So (with tongue in cheek) I'm asking: Can we have a ruling on this?

[Notice of personal interest: my jeep's engine has JEEP cast into the head,
so you know which opinion I'm subscribing to!]

Thanks, while I'm at it, to both Todd and Jim for regular help and info.

By the way - I really liked the Jeep Dogs website.

Mick O'Farrell
(Ireland)
Miss J - '43 GPW/mb
S/N 90216 (no stars)