Re: [MV] 24V MB Starter

Jim Rice (jimrice@iamerica.net)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 21:10:33 -0600

Until recently, we had a 24 APU at the airport used to start the big
radial engine a/c. Due to very little demand and some maintenance
requirements, it was traded off for something else. It was a WWII era
APU and had a Willys L134 engine. The starter on it was 24V so they are
available.....I just don't know where. We had it rebuilt locally a few
years back when it went out. Would it be possible to take it to a
rebuild shop and have them build it back 24V rather than 6v?

Jim Rice