Re: [MV] M35A2

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:01:03 -0800 (PST)

---"Marc A. Dominguez" wrote:

The
> transfer case will not shift into low range, I've tried moving
foward and
> reverse also at a complete stop, any ideas ? The M35A2 is all stock,
no air
> shift front axel. Thanks in advance.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Just exactly what keeps it from going in? Instead of jacking it up,
sometimes the gears can be aligned by steering the front wheels back
and forth, while trying to engage the transfer case, (done gently) if
its the gear alignment that's causing the problem. If its a linkage
binding that's another problem.

Also, it may take several tries at rocking the truck back and forth to
get the gears to line up. One more is to let the truck roll VERY
slowly while trying to GENTLY put it into low range. An experienced
driver can do it by double clutching, but it takes practice, and an
understanding of the transmission. BE CAREFUL HERE.

This is where bent forks happen!!

Joe F.