Re: [MV] Repowering an M-20 Armored Car

Mark C. Johnson (mcj115@psu.edu)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:19:45 -0500

This year at the MVPA convention there was a fellow with a M8 that had a
4cyl, 2 cycle Detroit diesel. He siad it was bone by by the US government
in the late 70's or early 80's before it was sent to a South American
government as part of an aid package. As I recall there was an area cut
out above the engine compartment and it was raised about 6 inches or so to
provide more clearence. I do not recall what for a tranny or transfer it
had. He said it pulled a good 55-60 mph on the highway for long periods,
good up hills and he got 10-12 mpg out of it.
Mark C. Johnson
1952 M38A1(2)
M416
Harrisburg Pa