Re: [MV] GPW engine details

Bill Kish (bill_kish@yahoo.com)
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:22:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ron, Mike,

Ron is substantially correct in his answers below. I would just add
the following:

Carb base is black oxide treated, not painted.
Carb body is cast pot metal (Zinc alloy), not plated.

Shameless plug: These details (and many more) are discussed in the
MVPA's GPW Judging Standard & Restoration guide.

-BK

---Ron Fitzpatrick <ron@g503.com> wrote:

> > Can anyone
> > out there who has seen a NOS W-O carb tell me what the proper
color is?

> Cad or zinc plated, not gold, and the base is fuel resistant Japan
black.

> > Also, there is a cast iron spacer between the carburetor and the
manifold.
> > is it supposed to be engine color (gray in my case)?
>
> Are you referring to the defuser? (gasket)?? GPW 9447
>
> > Fuel pump - Again, same basic question as above. The bowl seems
to have
> > been cadmium plated at one time, and there is a paint kit offered
that
> > will
> > simulate cad plating. So would the proper colors be cast aluminum
for the
> > pump body and cad for the bowl?
>
> Cad or zinc plated, not gold in color
>
> > fuel strainer bowl - what color? OD green, phosphate?
>
> Cad or zinc plated bowl with black AC logo with servicing
instructions.