Re: [MV] MV insurance

safe male (safemale@iexpress.net)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 01:16:36 GMT

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:27:57 -0700, you wrote:

>Insurance can be challenging on MV's. After I purchased a M886 =
ambulance
>out of surplus I had problems getting insurance as it was a *commerical
>vechicle" and the insurance company I had didnot have a rating chart =
for
>it. Finally, I got liability and basic medical only from an agent I =
know
>and we listed it as a 3/4 Dodge PU. Since this is used to haul things =
and
>will be the tow rig for my GPW, it has regular insurance on it. Mention=
it
>has an ambulance body on it, even though not used for that purpose is
>apparently asking for trouble. Since this is used other than for =
parades
>or shows I don't think the speciality insurers would touch it. When =
done,
>I plan to put limited, historic plates on the GPW and will deal with
>insurance on that at the time. Any reenacters out there with experience
>with the speciality insurers? I've got a feeling the less they know, =
the
>better of you are. Howard. 1976 M886, 45 GPW
I have my m886 as a van and no trouble butt they have to get a
photo of it each time is all
any one know if the M886 used the 6tl bat =20
i see battery box looks like it should fit
butt the 6ft is post and my m886 is stud=20
i have a group 36 950 cca in it rite know
i have been thinking of getting the 28 volt radio bat trays and
adding 6 more bats to it=20
i hate to be settings along the road and getting made fun of for it
not starting