Re: [MV] Indiana Jones male Tank

Product of Alkett (sturmtiger1944@yahoo.com)
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:49:49 -0800 (PST)

---"Hayes-Holgate, Shaun" wrote:

> I have a book called 'From Star Wars to Indiana Jones-the best of the
> Lucasfilm archives'
> that has a two page spread of photos and a write up about that tank.

Just the other day, I was poking around the Walden Books and happened
upon this book. The short little texton it said the tank was, and I'm
paraphrasing, patterned after a German heavy tank of which only eight
were made. Either the author was misinterpreting information or the
makers of that tank were looking at the wrong sources to make the
"German" tank. The only German tank in WWI made in any number was the
A7V, which looks nothing like the British rhomboids. The A7V-U was a
copy of the British armor but only one was made until it met the
cutter's torch when it failed on its trials.

Nice book though. ;)

Best,

Ed