RE: [MV] Insurance/plates in Indiana

John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:29:53 -0600

Dave,
The numbers on the right side of the front bumper of your five ton dump
indicate that it once belonged to the 264th Group, 426th Engineer Battalion,
at least that is the traditional way of identifying what unit a particular
vehicle belonged to. The numbers stenciled on the inside of the doors of
your Air Force flatbed are most likely what are commonly called "USA
Numbers". They are, basically, a specific serial number which was assigned
by the military, and differing from the actual manufacturers serial number,
in most cases. There was quite a discussion of USA numbers in this list a
couple of months ago.
John