RE: [MV] Tatra 813

A.Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Wed, 2 Dec 98 16:41 +0100

>I have been re-watching the Euro Truck Trials this evening and am
>wondering what the metal covers are which extend on each wheel of the
>Tatra 813 from the hub to the rim. Do they cover and protect the air
>valve for the tyre, or is it part of an adjustable tyre pressure system,
>like that on the DUKW? If you know the answer, I would be interested.
>
>Kind regards
>Steve

Dear Steve,

the metal cover protects the valve and the tube of the adjustable tyre
pressure control system. The driver can inflate and deflate each tyre
from the dashboard in the cab.

Have a look at the page:

http://home.t-online.de/home/kettenkrad/andreas.htm

to see the TATRA 813, which I drove on the Kummersdorf proving ground
near Berlin some month ago. You can see the valve protect covers clearly.

Best regards
Andreas

Kettenkrad homepage: http://home.t-online.de/home/kettenkrad