Re: [MV] Flat Towing GPW

Chief William von Zehle (ChiefvonZehle@wiltonfire.org)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 16:25:39 -0400

I flat-towed a '44 MB jeep from New York to Michigan a number of years back.
Didn't disconnect anything in drive train, just put it all in neutral. Burned out
a front wheel bearing, but I don't think that was related to the towing. 750 miles
behind a U-Haul truck. Didn't exceed 55 mph though.

Bill von Zehle
Ridgefield, CT USA
'53 M42