Re: [MV] Re: Sunken Treasures- it wasn't just capricious destruction.....

John Edwards (edwardsj@bigpond.com)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 08:55:07 +1100

John,

Yes, we dumped numeroud planes from 1946 to 1948. You are correct about the
MV & aviation markets flooding the local markets & killing whatever
businesses that might arise from post wra ashes.

I've got a few snaps of "new" spitfires & fireflys having their wing tanks
ruptured with hammers & screwdrivers. Only the guns were & munitions were
removed. Not even the guages were salvaged. Once taken out the the
continental shelf by flattop they'd be pushed over the side.

Rgds,

John