[MV] turboeing

King (landy@netpointer.com)
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 18:41:30 -0800

From: Tom Bauer <tomb@ccpl.carr.lib.md.us>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com, King <landy@netpointer.com>
Subject: Re:

you are comparing apples to oranges....... when given the same engine,
the turbo version will always have more power... we are talking about
diesel engines, not gas or other fuels. with diesel, fuel = hp. the more
you can burn on the power stroke = more power and to burn more fuel you
need more air.
tom

I'm not going to elaborate any more because it would take to long to write
and I feel it would get away from this list content but the bottom line is
if I want to take my M37 motor or any Hurc diesel or such the limiting
facter from the factory would be how strong the bottom end is and whether it
gets turboed or naturally asperated multicarbs or what ever The power would
need to be very close or the same for the breakdown of the motor.Diesels
respond the same as gas to mods that's why I mentioned gas.
Andre