Re: [MV] MV Paint Colour

Nigel Hay (NIGELHAY@tanksrus.freeserve.co.uk)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:08:56 -0000

Some US army vehicles on the Alcan were in fact painted yellow,I believe
these were the military owned but civvy driven trucks used during the
construction of the ALCAN highway and for supplies transport.
I have photos I took in 92 on the MVPA trip at Johnsons Crossing (where the
Alcan meets the CANOL road)of derelict FWD's and Studies still in original
yellow paint.
Nige
-----Original Message-----
From: KBDewey 42GPW <dirtman42GPW@webtv.net>
To: Carol Jenkins <jenkins58@ii.ca>; Mil-Veh@skylee.com <Mil-Veh@skylee.com>
Date: 11 December 1998 10:53
Subject: Re: [MV] MV Paint Colour

CJ, I just finnished three books on the Alcan Hwy and all the vehicles
were OD. Not sure on veh used at Kodiak, Elmendorf (Anchorage), Cold
Bay, Adak or Fairbanks. They could of been painted white for winteruse
only but would of had to of been repainted evry six months when the
weather changed? Dirt Man