Re: [MV] radio hook-up?

James R Vilgos (vilgos@juno.com)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:10:24 -0800

The problem with a 24 volt battery if the rest of the system is 12 volt
is keeping the batttery charged. You could use an AN PRC 77 radio which
is 12 volt. Ironically I have the AN PRC 77 and a AM-2060 GRC which
reduces the 24 volts in my Jeep to 12 to operate the AN PRC 77. Step up
transformers are possible and were once readly available when foreign
cars had 6 volt systems but I don't know where you can get one now.