[MV] Re: M-35 Gun Truck

Doug Bohannon (jaguar@gate.net)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:28:50 -0500

Hello Jon,

The quad mount I have has removable balloon tires on it's base and a trailer
hitch so that it may be towed short distances but it is not mounted in a
quad mount trailer.

I plan is to convert my M-35 to a replica of a Veit Nam era gun truck.

Squadron Signal has produced a book on Gun Trucks and I am copying one call
"Nancy" used by a transportation unit for convoy escort.

First, I am completely servicing my M-35 and repainting it in semi-gloss
olive drab. My next step is to add the armor cut from 1/4 plate.

I have four propane-oxygen converted M2HB .50s on order.

I hope to have the truck completed by next may for a local event at McDill
AFB.

I am considering selling my M-656 8x8 and M-85 high speed tractor to help
finance my gun truck project.

Doug Bohannon
jaguar@gate.net
(941) 401-8221