Re: [MV] RAF 1944 Thornycroft Nubian TFAC4/1

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 17:02:17 -0800 (PST)

---Tim Bell wrote:

> Hi Joe
>
> You're probably right - I got some strange results when I Searched on
> Thornycroft Nubian on the Web - Load of Sex sites amongst others -
only one
> site relating to vehicles, but not the 4 x 4 version.
>
> I've since been told that most Thornycroft Vehicles were called
"Nubian". I
> dont think the "Politically Correct" movement had reached England in
the
> 1930's and 1940's.
>
> Perhaps it should be renamed - any suggestions ?
>
> Regards
> Tim
+++++++++++++++++++++++++==
Hi Tim,

Because of the glaring lack of replies to your post and the amount
you/we have already learned, above mentioned sex sites not counted, I
personally think that it would be obvious that you should take on this
project as it may be the only one, or one of few, around and needs to
be preserved!

Come on, Tim, where's your spirit of adventure?

I'll leave it to the list as to what to call it.

Let us know how you make out.

Joe