Re: [MV] Run 12 volt radio on 24 v. system

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:45:39 -0600 (CST)

>M1010 is a variant of the Chevy truck. It is an ambulance variant. I used to
>be in charge of one. May actually still have the TM. Eric

OK, so now I'm currious. Describe the complex charging system if you can.
Is this per chance that silly thing they did with 2 alternators the lower
one having it's negative grounded, the posative of the lower one connected
to the isolated negative of the upper one and to the center tap of the
batteries and finally the posative of the upper one connected to the plus of
the upper battery and also the the rest of the electric system????? It all
seems rather wastefull, why not just get a 24V Leece Neville or Prestolite
(now one in the same)???????

However this system does solve the problem of 1) running 12V devices, and 2)
maintaining ideal charging conditions on both batteries seperately.

je