Re: [MV] Run 12 volt radio on 24 v. system

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:53:33 -0600 (CST)

>Lately that's another vehicle that has to be "de-mil-ed" before they
>will let it out. The back end has to be cut off in pieces, by the
>buyer, and stacked for inspection, the rest you can have.

You know.... this demilling (I think they used to call it mutilating) is
really getting me steamed, AGAIN. I first ran into this crap in the late
70's when I was looking (nievely) for my first 'Army Jeep'. Seems that it
is getting worse and worse all the time. For all practical purposes you
cannot get surplus vehicles any more, mutts to hemmts, they all have to be
destroyed. Just saw the other day that ammo cans now have to be destroyed.
There are some serious forces against us out there. Seems to me that MVPA
and other organisations need to get some back bone and start lobbying like
the NRA does, on OUR behalf. That is all.

je