Re: [MV] WWII and post war GI Joe scale vehicles: answers to

Bruce Gilbert (b.gilbert@uws.edu.au)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 12:29:20 +1100

******
Sitting here across the Pacific ocean, watching the various messages on
this topic, I can't help but ask one (flippant) question.

If playing with GI Joes as a kid can lead to adult interests such as MVPA,
where do those kids playing with Barbie dolls end up lin life ?

Happy New Year.

Regards

Bruce Gilbert
Sydney, NSW.

*******

At 18:23 03/01/99 -0600, Brent McClearen wrote:
>List,
>
>Additional information requested from a LOT of list members regading my
>
>(Although one individual disagreed with my posting this info on this forum,
>I have been amazed at the huge number of list members who are interested and
>wanted more info. Please relax just this once for a cool item related to
>our MV hobby by getting our kids interested in these vehicles. Many MVPA
>members started out with a GI Joe in their hands as a child, and look what
>they have now! After this message I will refrain from infuriating the list
>with such as this. But I know damn well if you saw one you'd buy it on the
>spot!!!!)
>
>Contact: www.21stcenturytoys.com by clicking here or type it in your
>address box if you have trouble.
>
>The big questions are (1) where to buy them? and (2) What do they have?
>Here are the answers:
>
>Currently available at about $45.00 retail
>M1025 Armored reconnaissaince truck
>M1025 Desert recon. truck
>M998 Woodland camo Cargo/troop carrier
>M998 Desert camo cargo/troop carrier
>M151A2 (Mutt) with trailer
>M1037 Avenger Anti-Aircraft System truck (it shoots)
>
>February 1998 release:
>Willys MB with trailer
>Schwimmwagen (it floats)
>Harley Davidson WLA?
>WC-51?
>others unamed at this time
>
>First check out their website for ALL the stores...You can buy on-line from
>many.
>Toys-R-Us
>K-Mart
>Wal-Mart
>Kay-Bee Toy Stores
>Ames Department Stores
>FAO Schwartz
>Target Stores
>(In some cases, participating stores only so check around)
>
>Just remember, not all of us can own a Hummer or a Mutt or even an MB. And
>our children can now be like dad, and gain interest in OUR hobbies while
>learning a little bit about history.
>
>After this message I will refrain from infuriating the list with such as
>this. But I know damn well if you saw one you'd buy it on the spot!!!!
>
>Contact brent@multipro.com if you have a singular question or comment
>

>===

<------ THIS EMAIL FROM : Bruce Gilbert, UWS Nepean ----->
Bruce Gilbert (b.gilbert@uws.edu.au) PH: [02] 4736 0352 (ext. 2352)
Enrolments and Graduations Coordinator, FAX: [02] 4736 0407
and member, Nepean-Wide Functions Team, Penrith Penrith Campus Service
Centre (Building I)
University of Western Sydney - Nepean. P.O. Box 10, Kingswood 2747 NSW,
Australia.