Re: [MV] M1 Garand

dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:18:59 -0700

Richard, the price is not bad at these days & times as the Clinton
administration has banned all further re-imports from places like Korea.
You can still qualify though your Civilvan Marksmenship Program (CMP) to
purcahse a Garand from the government with your local rifle club that has
the CMP program. You have to shoot the required qualification round, have
ceritcation that you have done so and submit the application and
fingerprint cards an wait maybe 3 to 6 months for the paperwork to clear.
Our MV club made an arrangement with one of the local gun clubs and a bunch
of the guys qualifed in a group. Cost is $425 for those. Also I see in
the Military Trader that Jack Brannon Box 86, Southhaven MS 38671 (601)
393-6034 Has rubber prop M1 Garand Rifles from Pvt Ryan
movie for $80 each, shipped. I have no idea how good they look. I've bought
stuff from Jack and he is interesting to talk to and he supplied a great
deal of the prop web gear, etc for the movie. Good luck, Howard