Re: [MV] Demil Humvee pictures

mblair@gruumsh.irv.ca.us
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:41:48 -0800

Andy Michalski <amichalski@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I thought that this may be of some interest, got a few pictures of a
> demilled hummer on my site:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~amichalski/hummersforsale.htm

That's GOTTA hurt! :-)

Has anybody compiled a list of differences between military HMMWV's and
civilian Hummers that's detailed enough to help somebody who's
contemplating doing a restoration? I think it would be helpful to know
which basic chassis and suspension parts are different/similar/identical to
corresponding parts in civilian vehicles from the same year. Can components
such as the frame and control arms be replaced with civilian spares?

--
Mark J. Blair, KE6MYK <mblair@gruumsh.irv.ca.us>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/