Re: [MV] Lantern Fuel in Generator Set?

Stephen Somers (stephen.somers@virgin.net)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:39:15 -0800

WMesmer@aol.com wrote:

> I have a problem with the gasoline in my 1.5 KW Military Generator Set
> regularly turning to the consistency of honey and / or varnish and plugging
> the fuel system up. I "regularly" will put fresh fuel and fuel stabilizer
> into the generator but within 7 or 8 months it is all gummed up again and
> needs a carburetor rebuild or replacement.

Are we talking unleaded gas with its 'use within 3 weeks, dump after 6
weeks' lifetime?

Perhaps the answer is to drain and flush after each use (won't that be
fun!).

It's probably just as well that they don't make petrol engined choppers
any more.

--
Steve Somers (Project Leader)

'75 Land Rover 101" Forward Control, 1-Tonne, General Service (62FL50 - Royal Artillery/2 Commando)