[MV] Read this.

Douglas Greville (dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:48:52 +1030

Everyone

If you are reading this then you need to read what is below:

We have been hit with a virus.

(Appologies to Arthur for breaking the rules.
BUT
I am posting this direct to the list as Arthur does not seem to be
about. I have already received another 2 emails via Mil-Veh from listers
both carrying the virus attached so the signal to noise ratio on the list
is probably about to explode.)

===============

>I have been told that there is a virus going out with my emails called
>Happy99.exe.
>I have traced back and it appears that this virus came from the email
>you sent via Mil-Veh yesterday.

Yes..I have cleaned up here...it came to me via another lister......if you
don't open it it is harmless...but if opened...look out...do you need the
remedy for it...if so...here it is...

Jon

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3652/SKA.HTM

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3652/SKA.HTM

I most certainly did need the remedy. By the way NONE of the Virus
checkers I have tried whether "memory resident" or "active search"
will find it.

Many thanks to Jon for the remedy URL.

Regards
Doug