Re: [MV] A few qusetions about my new jeep...

jeepcj8@primenet.com
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:15:36 -0700 (MST)

At 05:52 PM 2/8/99 -0800, JRONEY@elotouch.com wrote:
> Strange...there seems to be a lot of interest in the old M38 these
> days.
>
> I think that mine is closer to your Scrambler than you flatfender.
> I've converted mine to the V8, and it's got a dana 60, but it's still
> fun. (I'm guessing by your e-mail address that you have a CJ-8) Do
> you like it? How about your M38? Did you get it to replace the CJ,
> or is it just a project?...and where (in USA) are you?
>
> Good luck,
>
> James Roney
> Fremont, CA.
>
> 46 CJ-2A
> 52 M38
> 53 Willys PU
> 71 Bronco
> 84 F250 4x4 diesel
> 85 Suburban 454 4x4
> 94 Suburban 4x4 diesel

I still have the Scrambler which I bought new in '85. I am putting in a 304,
999 A/T, Ford 9" rear w/FF disc,
Dana 44 front, spring over, shackle reversal, etc.. Whew!
I wanted a "Flattie", and plan to restore it to 80-90% and just maintain it.
I don't want to put a lot of money in it.
The day after I got the M38, I bought a '59 CJ-6 original & running for
$800. It is missing the parking brake system entirely though. Still, for the
money, I didn't think I could go wrong...
I live in Mesa, AZ.
Will keep everyone updated on progress...
Lisa
'72 F-100
'73 Mustang Coupe (for sale soon)
'85 CJ-8