Re: [MV] A few qusetions about my new jeep...

SBJohnston@aol.com
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 20:40:22 EST

Robert wrote:

>I just bought a '51 M-38 and have a few questions.
>First, the original dataplates are there and the
>serial number is 36089. DOD was 10/51.

Congratulations! My M38 is serial number 20373, delivery in 5/51.

>Second, the engine was replaced with a F-head
>from a M-38A1 somewheres along it's life.

I'm surprised there is room for the F-head -- I thought it was considerably
taller.

Lisa wrote:

>Will keep in touch, you are the only other M38 owner
>I have found.

Oh, we're around... keeping the fenders flat takes a lot of our time!

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com
http://www.qsl.net/wd8das