RE: [MV] Engine Year

OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:14:39 -0500

>I wouldn't jump to conclusions that the 441 engine was used in the GPWs
>because a few GPWs had them in it....the odds of it being originally in
your >GPW are extremely slim at best.
>Todd Paisley

We've always assumed it was a replacement but hope springs eternal
that it may have been somehow. Unless we were shown proof, like factory
order paperwork or something, we will continue under this assumption. The
jump you refer to is far too big even for an Olympic athlete and I'm
definitely not headed for Salt Lake City, or wherever, even if I had enough
money for the bribes.
Having enough GPW's in the same general range with the same engine
is interesting enough to save the engine for use/research instead putting it
in the spare/surplus parts pile as "just another transplant".

>Make it six '42 GPW jeeps with Willies Engines.
>Jackson

This group gets bigger every time I open the mailbox. Very cool or just dead
of winter amusement...each decide on their own please.

Thanks,
Dennis