Re: [MV] Is a M-35 suitable??

Dave Cole (da_cole@csi.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:09:33 -0500

What is the total towed weight??

8000 lbs plus trailer?

If that is it, then the M35 with a Pintle trailer (10K rated trailer)
should do fine, just don't skimp on the trailer, that is the key. You
aren't going to do much mountain climbing or go a whole lot faster than
50 mpg though.

I've towed a 23,000 lb M51 truck on a gooseneck flatbed with a GMC 1 ton
dually. That's a good combo also, just a little short on power. But
again the trailer/truck combo is really key.

Dave