Re: [MV] Where is temp sender on Ford flatheads??

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:45:05 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: James Burrill <jburrill@dttus.com>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 17 February 1999 15:44
Subject: [MV] Where is temp sender on Ford flatheads??

> My Mk1 carrier uses the Ford flathead V-8. I have a replacement
moter
> from a 42 CMP F-15 which used the 95hp motor over the Carrier
85hp.

> I contacted a specialty shop from Hemmings Motor News that
supplies
> gauges and the fellow said the engine water temp gauge was in the
> head.
>
> Well, I can't find it!!!!!

Well, I haven't seen it with my own eyes but I have just called my F 15
Polsten friend down the road and he says its on the left head at the
rear and its an electrical one so you'll only see a small brass bolt
head with a terminal screw in it.

I'll look in detail tomorrow if needed.

Richard
(Southampton UK)