Re: [MV] Winch cable

vanwert (vanwert@concentric.net)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:10:09 -0600

I was 5 ton dump truck driver in the army and they used to have us put used
motor oil on the cables. More recently I saw some where that it was
recommended not to because it collects dirt and sand. I think I would
rather have dirty non-rusty cable. I've oiled many winch cables since with
no trouble.