Re: [MV] MB rear axles

fv74@altavista.net
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:00:47 -0500 (EST)

Buzz
This is the reason I want to do this. A 2000 mile tow at highway speed is possible. I do have an enclosed trailer, but it would be much easier to use a dolly or flat tow. I work at NEAPCO and since my initial query, I have found that we make the correct spline stub shafts for both the differential and locking hubs. 1 1/8-10" is used on both ends of the front shafts and the rear differential. I have decided to make my own heat treated shafts. The rear axle will require no modification to use these shafts.

Dave Fillman (Driveline Engineer)
45MB