Re: [MV] MB rear axles

Kenneth Uhrick (safemale@iexpress.net)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:21:55 GMT

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:00:47 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Buzz
>This is the reason I want to do this. A 2000 mile tow at highway speed =
is possible. I do have an enclosed trailer, but it would be much easier =
to use a dolly or flat tow. I work at NEAPCO and since my initial query, =
I have found that we make the correct spline stub shafts for both the =
differential and locking hubs. 1 1/8-10" is used on both ends of the =
front shafts and the rear differential. I have decided to make my own =
heat treated shafts. The rear axle will require no modification to use =
these shafts.
i seen some thing about it is race car magazine
that use front spindles welded to a backer plate that was drilled
for the lug bolt paten and a standard bearings and thing to bolt
tires on to =20
no break drums=20
butt it moved the tires out a foot
and if your not a good welder you mite kill some one hitting a bump
they used them in drag cares the low money ones i bet =20
and tow bared them i bet=20
they use front spindles off a rear drive car=20
you mite even use the ends of the tubes off a junk diff hosing=20
sorry i hope you all can under stands me spelling=20