Re: [MV] Winch Cable Loading

fv74@altavista.net
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:23:02 -0500 (EST)

Scott

After a little more research, I found that 3/16" strand core galvanized aircraft cable has an ultimate of 4,200#. The extra flex also meets MIL-W-83420D. This should work in your winch. McMaster-Carr part # 33324T54 at $.42US a foot. Warn uses 7/32" cable on their 3500# winches.

Dave Fillman
45 MB

mil-veh@skylee.com>