Re: [MV] M1009

Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:40:30 -0600

Hi Jason,

There really is no bad side of buying one of these, unless of course you
buy a total turd. I talked with a former army mechanic, and he said the
blazers top problem was haveing to replace the glowplugs and controller,
but other than that, it was regular maintainance type stuff. In my
opinion the 24 volt system is awesome, just make sure that you use
identical batteries. Having it on 24 volts makes battery condition less
critical when its really cold out, I never had any problem starting mine
at 0 or less. Things to look at when buying one is just like if you
were buying a normal truck. One tip, if you see alot of wetness and
slop under the injection pump, it is leaking and probably will need
replacement soon when it dies. Not too expensive at around $260 for the
part, labor is cheap if you change it yourself. These blazers have
massive rust problems if in a salt belt state. Areas which come to mind
are the rocker panels, inner fenders, doors, ect.