Re: [MV] Insurance underwriters?

Ken (kweiss@wans.net)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:50:05 -0600

>Dave,
>Though that sounds mighty tempting, $141/50k liability on your five ton,
>I'm afraid that that amount of coverage wouldn't go very far in a wreck
>situation. My wife was in ICU for eleven days as a result of a car wreck
>injury and the bill was over $75K. Another $25K went for five weeks of
>rehab.
>Joe
>
>===

This is true. I was listening to a radio talk show about personal finances.
An older lady called in and was saying that her insurance guy was trying to
talk her into a $200K liability plan for her car insurance. She had $100K
with the same company. The talk show host asked her how much, in dollars,
worth of asset she had. I forget the exact number but, was around $500,000.
The Talk show guy told her to get at least double her current assets. About
$1,000,000 worth of liability car insurance. He said with the way people are
so sue happy, that $100,000 wasn't near enough. She couldn't believe that
she needed that much coverage. The talk show guy went on to say, "After the
insurance stops paying, you start."

Ken Weiss
1953 XM211 2 1/2 ton troop/cargo truck "Deuces are wild"
1954 XM105E3 1 1/2 ton cargo trailer
Secretary, Newsletter Editor, and temporary Webmaster
Lone Star MVPA
Check out our new web site
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/4393/index.html