Re: Re[2]: [MV] Import of Military Vehicles

dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:59:06 -0700

JIm, I agree with you, but I'm not sure exactly how MVPA feels about this.
In the past, they have been anti weapon, but have recently within the last
year put that in prospective. The same people who are restricting import
of MV's are to same people who are restricting firearms imports, whether it
be a difficulty in obtaining parts set machine guan to make display dummy's
or the re-import of US made Garands. We have a common foe here. What we
need to do is to let down our barriers and realize the firearm guys are in
the same position as the MV guys and work together. I would start with
your congressmen locally and work up. I hope too within the MVPA that
there is room in the house for both the collector faction and those of us
that enjoy reenacting with our vechicles and using them for something other
than show. I know that we passed one another a couple of times at the Gap
and you were having fun until the powerplant gave up. Next year we'll have
to take time out for tea. Thanks, Howard Wright (One of the Bloody Bucket
Guys with the Burma Ford)

----------
> From: James Burrill <jburrill@dttus.com>
> To: Mil-Veh@skylee.com; Dilliard@aol.com
> Subject: Re[2]: [MV] Import of Military Vehicles
> Date: Sunday, February 28, 1999 9:57 AM
>

> Hi Bob, and list.
>
> While a law about food is off topic, the thread is still germain as
it
> relates to laws that affect our MV hobby. Basically, the current
> administration promoting laws, or worse yet, "policies" that
restrict
> our possession or procurement of hardware that allows us some
measure
> of personal independace, and not depenadant on the Government to do
it
> for us.
>
> You know and I know that there are so few MV hobbyests nationwide
with
> the wherwithal to own armour modern enough to go toe to toe with
even
> the National Guard. When someone imports a Marmon-Herrington
armoured
> car, or a White scout car or a Sherman tank, we know we aren't going

> to form an army and start a civil war like some books or movies
would
> have it. (one weekend warrior with a LAWS would end your 50 grand
> investment)
>
> We aren't the problem!
>
> I personally believe it is just a hold over from the '60 anti war
> movement. That is to say, the draft card burners and the people who
> spit on GIs are now your legislators, corperate CEOs and lawyers.
They
> formed their "world view" during their college years and take it as
> natural that anything military is inherently "evil". So, if you
spend
> your own money to buy something military, you are suspect. And it
> follows that their first words are" their is no reason you should
own
> a _________. (fill in tank, assult gun, bayonet, cammo clothing etc)
>
> I do not suscribe to the danger coming from a "conspiricy", no "New
> World Order", no NAFTA disarmament, no "3 old Jewish guys living in
> Geneva who secretly own the world", no "Mason/Knights Templer
> Conspiracy".......just a generation of politicos who hopped on an
> anti-military bandwagon in their youth and never got off it.
>
> Now about this 30 day food supply law. What state. What Title and
Code
> and was it just introduced or did it pass? and if Passed, when?
>
> With the Y2k thing coming, I am sure papers such as Time and
Newsweek
> would love to do a story on the "government's"stupidity.
>
> If someone can pin down the details of this "law", let me know...
I'll