Re: Re[2]: [MV] Import of Military Vehicles

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 09:37:24 -0600

At 12:59 PM 2/28/99 -0700, dvsww2 wrote:
>JIm, I agree with you, but I'm not sure exactly how MVPA feels about this.
>In the past, they have been anti weapon, but have recently within the last
>year put that in prospective. The same people who are restricting import
>of MV's are to same people who are restricting firearms imports, whether it
>be a difficulty in obtaining parts set machine guan to make display dummy's
>or the re-import of US made Garands. We have a common foe here. What we
>need to do is to let down our barriers and realize the firearm guys are in
>the same position as the MV guys and work together. I would start with
>your congressmen locally and work up.

Just what I was thinking: Can we enlist the NRA et al. as allies? Many NRA
members are military arms collectors (up to and including ATGs). Perhaps a
note in AR would be a start. . . .

Steve Allen