Re: [MV] Import of Military Vehicles

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 10:04:31 -0600

At 08:08 PM 2/28/99 -0600, jonathon wrote:
> Maybe for certain specific items and for certain specific
>reasons they may be able to tell me what I can't have, i.e. a thermonuclear
>warhead, a gallon jug of anthrax, etc. There is not authority for the feds
>to tell me what I am allowed to have.

The problem is that most people see no essential difference bewteen a tank
or a scout car and these items.

To paraphrase from an enterprising but terminally stupid English Comp student:

"____ should be made illegal, because the person owning the ____ could hurt
himself or someone else!"

Fill in the blanks with what you like; this particular scholar used
"handguns" and "guns," respectively.

Steve Allen

BTW: From what I understand, as many as 25% of all homicides committed
during any one year involve hands and feet. Let me be the first to suggest
that these body parts be registered for removal as soon as the political
climate is favorable.