Re: [MV] Insurance underwriters?

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:17:57 -0500

>There are several people on the list with Halftracks, Weasles, Bren
>carriers, etc.: perhaps some of them can chime in and tell us how (if at
>all) they got theirs insured.

I hate to say it, but despite it's usual terrible service to the Citizens of
Maryland, the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) has made it easy to
register a tracked vehicle as a road vehicle. The only restriction is on
the track shoes. Any rubber block track vehicle, including tanks and half
tracks, is allowed to be registered in the State of Maryland. All you need
to do is find an insurance company to insure it. And as long as it is a
historical vehicle, my business partner and I both have insurance companies
which will add it as a rider to the policy, for about $150.00 per year.
Now, as for the destructive devices mounted on the vehicles, that's another
story. Maryland is real cagey about any weapons.