Re: [MV] Here's What I sent

Jim Rice (jimrice@sirinet.net)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 21:54:36 -0600

Richard,

Trust me, you don't need to tell military folks this is a violation of UCMJ,
especially Gordon. Unfortunately, we don't have enough military folks willing
to say something is wrong. They are more interested in getting ahead and
making rank regardless of morality, right or wrong etc.

Of course, because Gordon and I are stand-up for what is right and suffer the
consequences of our consciences, we will never be General Officers. I have
offended too many senior officers by telling them I thought they were hosed
rather than kissing their feet in hopes of gaining favor. The President, the
Sec of the Army and Chief of Staff of the Army can all kiss my backside if
they think I am going to be their YES man.

BTW, Gordon and I are USMA classmates. Rest assured, knowing Gordon
personally, I don't think there was any doubt in his mind about what he was
doing.

Jim Rice
Major, US Army