Re: [MV] Windshield Glass for all Flat MVs

Jerry Jewell (jj@tgd.com)
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 07:39:58 -0800

I just replaced the glass in my GPW. I paid $25 per panel (the first time).
Here's the kicker though- I took the original glass down to use for measurements
and the glass I got back, although the right size, was too small to fit properly.
Seems the original glass was hanging by virtue of only 1/16" and a lot of paint.
I ended up taking the frame down and asking them to ignore the size of the glass
I gave them, just make and install glass that actually fits the frame. They
charged an additional $15 per pane for the new ones $20 to install the panes.
They also did a much nicer job of installing the glass than I did and they ended
up breaking one putting it in, which they ate.

The name of the shop is Dick's Rancho Glass in Rancho Cordova, CA, if you are
close by.

Jerry Jewell
43 GPW